LATEST VIDEO OF MY RACE BIKE FOR 2010


Pre Race Review (Mallory 6th July)

This is now going to be a regular thing, me reviewing my races, I'll be telling you how i'm preparing, physically,mentally and how i think about the tracks where i'm racing, so i'll give you a personal run down from my point of view.
So we're at Mallory Park, Leicestershire, the scene of my first ever race. Mallory is a very short circuit but even though it's very short it's also very demanding.
My last visit to Mallory was last year at 'The Race Of The Year' and i didn't do too bad, i finished 5th in class but i did discover one thing, and that was how physically demanding it was. All in all i completed about 45 laps in the day and by the end of it all i was suffering from arm pump and cramps.
This time i'm working on my weight and also my fitness. I've been cycling to try and help and also with the very stressful week i've have my weight has dropped to almost 13st.
Now the only thing i need to get right is my head. Mentally the past week or so has been very trying but i've discovered a fire in my gut, i feel more determined than ever, and can't wait to get on the bike.
Lets do a quick lap then....
Right as i come down the start finish im flat out just hooking 6th gear as i go over the start/finish line.
As i get to the end of the straight i knock it down to 5th, and light throttle round Gerrards until i'm half way round then full throttle and hang on, it's bumpy towards the exit and with the suspension not spot on the bike pushes the front and really upsets the rest of the bike mid corner, as i come out of Gerrards and down the straight i hook 6th then look for the 100 metre board or is it yards? I can never remember, Anyway from about 100mph its really hard on the brakes and throw it into Edwinas which i think with my gearing on the RVF i should be in 3rd or possibly 2nd, it's something i need to sort out in practice, depending on the weather of course!
Ok we're out of Edwina's and i get on the gas as early as possible and last year on the exit of Edwina's i nearly found out how soft or not the grass is, as i had a massive slide and nearly highsided.
As i approach the Esses i just hook up into 4th and then i hold 4th all the way upto the hairpin.
Round the hairpin which is 1st gear then hard on the gas,into 2nd then back off for the Bus Stop.
Out of their and hard on the gas and get as much drive through Devil's elbow as possible on to the start/finish.
Thats a lap from my side of things, the fastest lap i've done so far is 1min 1sec but i will get that time down under a minute.
WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Oulton Park trackday (fast group)

Track day from Croft a few years ago now on my beloved GSXR600 k1

The 2007 Ulster Gp Superstock Race

Race Bike on tick over

The Rotary Nortans in all there glory